PLATE FLOW CONDITIONER K-LAB NOVA
Flow conditioner is generally designed to eliminate or significantly reduce stream turbulence and to re-creation of velocity profile under acceptable conditions of flow defined by ISO 5167-1 standard. Flow conditioner contributes to elimination of large deformations of the velocity profile and thus gross errors of flow measurement. Flow conditioner K-Lab NOVA can be used for all kinds of fluids, including gases and liquids.
K-Lab NOVA’s design plate flow conditioner consists of 25 drilled holes arranged in a symmetrical circular pattern. Diameters of holes are function of the inner diameter of the pipe D and depend on ReD:
Provided that ReD ≥ 8 x 105, there are:
- a central hole of diameter 0.18629D ± 0.00077D,
- a ring of 8 holes of diameter 0.163D ± 0.00077D on a pitch circle diameter of 0.5D ± 0.5 mm,
- a ring of 16 holes of diameter 0.1203D ± 0.00077D on a pitch circle diameter of 0.85D ± 0.5 mm.
Provided that 8 x 105 > ReD ≥ 105, there are:
- a central hole of diameter 0.22664D ± 0.00077D,
- a ring of 8 holes of diameter 0.16309D ± 0.00077D on a pitch circle diameter of 0.5D ± 0.5 mm,
- a ring of 16 holes of diameter 0.12422D ± 0.00077D on a pitch circle diameter of 0.85D ± 0.5 mm.
Thickness of the perforated plate is ranging from 0.125D up to 0.15D.
Coefficient of loss in pressure for plate flow conditioner K-Lab NOVA is approx. K = 2.
Plate flow conditioner K-Lab NOVA is placed in a flanged joint. Except for CSN standards sealing surfaces of the conditioner can be made in compliance with EN, DIN, GOST, American ASME and ANSI standards (RF, RTJ) or, on requirement and specification of the customer.
Plate flow conditioner K-Lab NOVA is mostly made of stainless steel, on request of the customer there can be used other materials as well. It can be incorporated both in horizontal and vertical piping.
Flow conditioner K-Lab NOVA can be placed downstream any fitting with the orifice plate whose diameter ratio is 0.67 or lower. K-Lab NOVA enables shortening of straight line upstream the orifice plate up to 17D to the closest fitting.