ZANKER PLATE FLOW CONDITIONER
Flow conditioner is generally designed to eliminate or significantly reduce stream turbulence and to re-creation of velocity profile under acceptable conditions of flow defined by ISO 5167-1 standard. Flow conditioner contributes to elimination of large deformations of the velocity profile and thus gross errors of flow measurement. Zanker plate flow conditioner can be used for all kinds of fluids, including for gases and liquids.
Zanker plate flow conditioner consists of 32 drilled holes arranged in a symmetrical circular pattern. Diameters of holes are function of the inner diameter of the pipe D. These are:
- a ring of 4 concentric holes with diameter 0.141D ± 0.001D on the diameter of pitch circle 0.25D ± 0.002 5D;
- a ring of 8 holes with diameter 0.139D ± 0.001D on the diameter of pitch circle 0.56D ± 0.005 6D;
- a ring of 4 holes with diameter 0.1365D± 0.001D on the diameter of pitch circle 0.75D ± 0.007 5D;
- a ring of 8 holes with diameter 0.110D ± 0.001D on the diameter of pitch circle 0.85D ± 0.008 5D;
- a ring of 8 holes with diameter 0.077D ± 0.001D on the diameter of pitch circle 0.90D ± 0.009D
Thickness of the perforated plate is ranging from 0.12D up to 0.15D.
Coefficient of loss in pressure for plate Zanker flow conditioner is approx. K = 3.
Zanker plate flow conditioner is placed in a flanged joint. Except for CSN standards sealing surfaces of the conditioner can be made in compliance with EN, DIN, GOST, American ASME and ANSI standards (RF, RTJ) or, on requirement and specification of the customer.
Zanker plate flow conditioner is mostly made of stainless steel, on request of the customer there can be used other materials as well. It can be incorporated both in horizontal and vertical piping.